Seeing a negative comment on your Facebook Page is never fun, but it happens to everyone. People use social media to communicate and share valuable content, but we all know those people who love to use it as a place to rant and complain. When they take it out on your Facebook Page, it’s hard not to take it personally.
Letting negative comments distract you is just not worth it. However, you also can’t ignore them. Here are a few tips for addressing negative comments, bad reviews and complaints on your Facebook Page.
How to Address Negative Comments on Facebook
Since complaints on Facebook are public, the way you handle them is also under the spotlight. Remember that other fans are watching for how quickly you respond, the tone of your reaction and how it all pans out. The biggest mistake you can make is letting negative comments go unaddressed.
If you leave the comment without addressing it, your fans may assume you don’t care or don’t pay attention to what they’re saying. Addressing their negative comments gives you the opportunity to show that you take their feedback seriously.
When addressing negative comments, consider the following:
- Deal with it quickly: Respond to the negative comment as quickly as possible. The quicker the better, but at least do your best to reply within 24 hours.
- Be polite: Approach the response with politeness and calmness. You can be as upset and pouty as you want in real life, but you do not want to let that irritation come through on your Facebook Page.
- Do not remove the comment: Leaving a review on your Page, even if it’s negative, shows honesty for your brand. Removing it will only anger your customer, and that’s not the goal here. However, removing offensive comments with foul language from Facebook trolls is acceptable. Know the difference between trolls and dissatisfied customers, and work to mend your relationships with the ladder.
With those tips in mind, here are 3 things to include in your response:
- Thank the commenter: Thank the person for taking the time to leave a review, sharing their opinion or bringing a concern to your attention.
- Apologize: Offer a sincere apology for their dissatisfaction.
- Encourage them to make the conversation private: Note in your response that you will send them a personal message. You want to get the conversation off your public Page.
In your private conversation, explain to the customer what may have happened without making excuses. Own up to any mistakes made on your part, and tell them how you propose to resolve the issue. Lastly, be sure to follow up with these customers to see if your resolution solved the issue.
Handling negative comments is never easy, but it’s important to take a polite approach and handle it in a timely manner. Doing so can keep complaints from spiraling into public disasters.
[ecko_contrast]Keep your fans satisfied with valuable, consistent content from FPTraffic!
[ecko_button color=”green” size=”large” url=”http://fptraffic.com/?s=blog”]Sign up with FPTraffic today for your free 2-week trial![/ecko_button]
Have you had to deal with negative comments on your Facebook Page? How do you handle them? Let us know by leaving a comment!