Do you run a Facebook business Page? Is it verified on Facebook? You may have overlooked a simple trick when creating your Page that allows your Page to appear higher in Facebook’s search results – verifying your
When creating your Facebook business Page, be careful not to overlook a simple trick that allows your Page to appear higher in Facebook’s search results – verifying your Page. In this post, we’ll show you how to complete that step and get your business Facebook Page found easier.
Verify Your Business Facebook Page
If your Facebook Page’s category is Local Business, Company or Organization, you may be eligible for a gray verification checkmark – like the blue one given to celebrities and public figures. Here are a few benefits of the gray checkmark:
- It signifies to users that your Page is legitimate, adding instant credibility to your Page.
- If users want to talk directly with you about complaints, requests, questions or general customer service issues, they’ll know they’re on the right Page.
- Your Facebook Page will rank higher in the search results.
Verifying your Facebook Page is quick and easy. If your Page is eligible, you’ll see the option to verify your Page in your Page’s Settings. Complete the following steps to verify your Facebook business Page:
- At the top of your Page, click Settings.
- From General, click Page Verification.
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started.
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language.
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue.
You can also verify your Page using a business document, such as a phone or utility bill, business license or tax file, instead of entering a phone number. Simply follow the steps above and click Verify this Page with documents instead at the bottom left of the window that appears. Then upload a picture of an official document showing your business’s name and address.
After Facebook receives your verification code or business document, they’ll review your information and confirm that it matches public records. Look for a notification or email about your verification status within a few days.
Verifying your Facebook business Page isn’t a requirement on the platform, but it is beneficial for your business. Verified Pages appear higher in search results and show people that you are the official brand Page for your company on Facebook. The step is well worth doing if your Page is eligible.
[ecko_contrast]Create a consistent posting schedule for your verified Facebook Page with FPTraffic!
[ecko_button color=”green” size=”large” url=”http://fptraffic.com/?s=blog”]Sign up with FPTraffic today for your free 2-week trial![/ecko_button][/ecko_contrast]
Is your Page verified on Facebook? Have you seen results since verifying your business Facebook Page? Let us know by leaving a comment!