If you run a blog, you know how crucial it is to have a social media presence. With 1.8 billion people on Facebook, the platform is the best way to get your name out there and gain traffic to your blog.
Whether you write about food, fashion, tech, or lifestyle topics, every blog should have a corresponding Facebook Page that works to attract readers. But blogs and Facebook Pages differ on just about every level, including the content shared, the design and even the way fans interact. How can a blogger optimize their Facebook Page to get more traffic through to their blog posts?
In this post, we’ll share our best tips for creating and running a successful Facebook Page that funnels traffic back to your blog, increasing your overall readership.
How to Set Up Your Blog’s Facebook Page
First you’ll need to create a Facebook Page for your blog. From the arrow dropdown in your Facebook account’s toolbar, click Create Page.
You’ll then be asked to select a category for your Page. Most blogs fit well with the “Websites” subcategory under “Brand or product.” If you see another category that describes your blog better, go for it!
- Enter the title for your Page. Keep the name of your Page the same as your blog title to ensure consistency.
- Claim a username for your Page. Try to keep it as similar to your blog title as possible.
- Fill in the About section. Tip: Include a link to your blog!
- Add a Learn More button that links to your blog.
- Add a profile and cover photo that best fit with your brand and niche. Tip: Update your cover photo regularly either to fit with a season, holiday, or to represent a course or e-book launch.
Once you’ve created your Page, it will show up in your FPTraffic account and you can manage it from there.
Now that you’ve got the basics of your Facebook Page covered, let’s talk about how to make the most of your presence there.
FPTraffic Tools to Attract Blog Readers
Your Facebook Page is a way for you to extend the reach of your blog’s purpose in smaller snippets. Using various forms of content, you can attract more fans to your Page and ultimately more readers to your blog. FPTraffic offers several features that allow you to manage your Page efficiently and effectively.
Automated Post Schedule
Although the main purpose is to post links to your blog, you need to post various types of content on your Page consistently to keep your fans engaged. FPTraffic’s automated posting schedule makes this easy for you. Start by creating a post schedule of 2 or 3 times a day.
The next thing you’ll want to do is connect your blog’s RSS feed to FPTraffic. Using the WordPress feature, you can automatically schedule new blog posts to publish to your Page. You can choose to automatically add new posts to your schedule or manually choose which posts you’d like to add.
Tip: Always add a description for links to your blog posts. Give your readers a teaser to what you’ll be talking about and show them why your content is of value to them.
Bonus tip: Add an emoji to your description!
As we stated before, your Facebook Page will have more success if you post a variety of content in addition to links to your blog posts. Use relevant images, video, gifs and memes. Occasionally, share articles from other bloggers in your niche. Be sure to tag them when you share their content!
With every post, aim to provide value in some way. Whether it be educational or entertaining, your content needs to be valuable to get your fans to engage with it.
FPTraffic has 8 content sources with thousands of valuable images, videos and more to add to your post schedule. Also try out the FPTraffic Chrome extension to grab images from Pinterest and Instagram!
How to Grow Your Audience and Interact With Fans
FPTraffic gives you the tools to maintain a consistent Facebook presence, but you will have to do some work to grow your fan base and keep them engaged. Here are a few tips to on building and maintaining a successful Facebook Page as a blogger:
- Run Facebook ads. After you’ve created your Page, run an ad for Page Likes. This will increase the number of users who see your posts and funnel through to your blog.
- Use Facebook Insights to give your fans more of what they want. This valuable Facebook feature can tell you so much about your audience, including when they’re most likely to be online.
- Include an image in every update you post. Images get significantly more engagement than text.
- Show you and your blog’s personality on your Facebook Page with behind-the-scenes, lifestyle photos or by going Live.
- Ask your fans open-ended questions and create polls to encourage discussion.
The most important thing is to authentically represent your blog and your brand on your Facebook Page. Post content that is relevant to your message, and use the platform as a tool to increase readership, understand your audience and interact with them on another level.
[ecko_contrast]Don’t go it alone! An FPTraffic membership gets you access to our Facebook group where you can learn from and bounce ideas off 3,000 other users!
[ecko_button color=”green” size=”large” url=”http://fptraffic.com/?s=blog”]Get started with FPTraffic today for your free 2-week trial![/ecko_button]
How do you use your Facebook Page to interact with blog readers? Let us know by leaving a comment!