If you’re not careful, Facebook can be quite a time suck. You might set out to spend a few hours sourcing content and wind...
30 Questions You Can Use to Increase Facebook Page EngagementMichelle
Are you looking to boost your Facebook Page engagement rate?
It starts with how much you are engaging on your Page. You might be doing a great job of sharing quotes, images and useful articles, but how much effort are you putting in to get to know your followers?
To get more engagement, be more engaging. Ask your followers questions to invite them to leave comments. Comments and shares are what increase your engagement rate and increase your reach in the News Feeds.
Whether you run a fan Page, business Page, blogging Page or niche Page, you’re sure to find inspiration here that will increase your Facebook engagement. We’ve put together a list of 30 questions to ask your followers.
But first, why should you be aiming to increase engagement?
Why Engagement is Important
While gaining Likes and traffic to our Pages is definitely a top goal, increasing engagement should always be a priority. When fans interact with your content, leave comments on your Page and participate in a discussion, it shows that they’re developing trust in your brand.
Facebook is a platform where people go to be social, not to be sold to. Social media is about building relationships and connections. Your main goal is to establish trust with your fans so they become loyal followers. Then, when it’s time to buy, they already have that connection with you.
The key to getting people to respond to your content is to share something that evokes emotion. Asking questions is a great way to boost Facebook Page engagement because they always get people thinking. Then, they want to participate and see what others have to say on the topic.
Not sure what to ask your followers? Here are some great examples to get you started.
30 Questions That Will Increase Facebook Page Engagement
Fan Page Questions
I’ll use the example of my Friends TV Show Quotes fan Page:
- Who is your favorite Friends character?
- Which Friends character do you hate the most?
- What is your favorite Friends episode?
- Which Friends character do you relate to most?
- Have you ever been to the setting of Friends? Share your pictures!
- Who do you think is the best actor on Friends?
- If you could pick any other song as the Friends intro, what would it be?
- Were Ross and Rachel really on a break? (Get specific with your niche!)
- What is your favorite quote from Friends?
- Who was your favorite guest star on the show?
You can use many of these similarly for your own fan Page, tweaking the questions to fit your niche. Also, ask specific questions that only fans of your niche will get. They’ll love it!
Business Page Questions
Ask questions that both help you understand your followers’ pain points and get them excited about your product or service.
- Fill in the blank: “My favorite [product of your company] is….”
- Share a fact: “Did you know that…?”
- What do you guys think of this photo?
- What do you think of our new [product, logo design, etc.]?
- Would you rather: “Would you rather have hot coffee or iced?” (Relate it to your product.)
- What would you do if you had 1 more hour every day?
- What’s your favorite way to use [your product]?
- Which animal should be our mascot?
- What are your biggest challenges with [the problem your product or service aims to solve]?
- Have you seen this yet? [Introduce a new product.]
Other Questions to Ask Your Facebook Fans
Here are a few fun questions that will work for most types of Facebook Pages:
- What’s your biggest goal this week?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What motivates you?
- What’s your favorite way to have fun?
- What did you think of [timely event, article, etc.]?
- Which social media platform do you love the most?
- What is your favorite blog post on our website?
- If you could travel anywhere for free, where would you go and why?
- What are you most looking forward to about Fall?
- What is your favorite holiday?
Asking questions is a great way to get people interacting on your Page. Use these questions as a starting point to increase your Facebook Page engagement and get to know your followers. Remember, part of the engagement equation is that you need to be engaging as well.
What question will you ask on your Facebook Page today? Let us know by leaving a comment!