What does the perfect Facebook Page look like? How can you ensure success with your new Page? Depending on your niche and...
Using Audience Insights to Target for InterestsMichelle
When you spend money on ads to build up your Facebook Page fan base, you want to see good results. How do you make sure your money is being well spent? How do you get your ads in front of the right people who are no doubt going to Like your Page?
Get more specific on interests to reach the right audience.
The Audience Insights tool allows you to find relevant audiences who not only like your niche, but they’re passionate about it. Don’t waste your money on generic audiences. Take advantage of this tool to hone in on audiences with super specific interests and dramatically decrease your advertising costs.
We’ll show you how to find more related interests to get your ads in front of the right people. Just by changing one interest you can significantly improve your campaign results.
How to Use Audience Insights for Interests
To discover more specific interests to target, complete the following steps:
- From Ads Manager, access Audience Insights.
- Select the audience you’d like to analyze.
- Everyone on Facebook means all users. This is a good place to start as it gives you the most insights.
- People connected to your Page are your Page’s fans.
- Set your audience. Enter the location, age, gender and at least one related interest. Tip: Avoid using generic interests. Choose more specific interests to narrow your audience.
Example: When I selected “fitness and wellness” as an interest, the result showed 90-100 million monthly active people are interested in nutrition. I entered “essential oils,” narrowing down on one aspect of wellness, and the number went down to 9-10 million monthly active users. I can narrow it down even further by entering a specific brand of essential oils.
You can keep layering your search by selecting connections to your Page, behaviors, language, relationship status, education, work, financial and many other categories. After you make changes to your audience, you’ll see the number of monthly active users change.
- Click the Page Likes tab to analyze the Top Categories and Page Likes. Audience Insights lists the top categories your audience is interested in and the most popular Pages within those categories.
- Scroll down further to see a list of Pages ranked by relevance audience size. You may need to play around with location or other factors to make sure you get more relevant Pages.
- Save your audience. When you find the right audience with specific interests, click Save in the top menu. Enter a name for your audience and click Save. Your new audience will be saved and you can create a new ad to target them.
Test out different audiences using more specific interests and analyze which groups give you the best results.
Audience Insights is one of the best features on Facebook for how much it can tell you about your audience. Use this tool to get your Page and your ads in front of the right people, the ones who can’t resist clicking “Like.”
Have you seen good results from targeting your audience based on interests? Tell us about it by leaving a comment!