Do you want to expand your Facebook Page reach? Doing Facebook Live broadcasts regularly is one of the best ways to grow your...
Make Money from Amazon Native Shopping AdsMichelle
Your Facebook Page can earn you passive income in a number of ways, including funneling traffic through to a monetized website or blog. Affiliate marketing with Amazon Associates is one of the most popular ways to generate revenue from a niche website, and Amazon has added another option that makes earning even easier – Native Shopping Ads.
Native Shopping Ads are ad units that display product recommendations related to your website’s content. You can place these ad units within your content or at the end of a post. When people click the ad and make a purchase, you earn commission from a percentage of their entire order. Native Shopping Ads typically pays out based on product category, but occasionally runs fixed-rate promotions.
There are three different types of Native Shopping Ads to place on your site. Here’s the breakdown:
Recommendation ad units show products based on your content and your readers’ shopping habits. You also have the option of selecting certain categories you’d like items to be shown from.
The beauty of recommendation ads is that they’ll work for several posts on a niche site. They don’t need to be tailored to an individual post. Your readers get value as well because they have options to choose from based on your content.
In a search ad, you’ll set a default search term and related products will show up in the ad unit. Readers can, however, change the search term to anything they’d like to search for on Amazon.
This option gives you a little control over the ad but also leaves it open for readers. If you are writing a review about a product, for example, search ads allow readers to see more options if they aren’t interested in the exact product your post is about.
Custom ads give you the most control. You can choose up to 20 items to include in the ad unit, and they’re all your personal recommendations rather than Amazon picking them for you.
If you talk about multiple products in your content, a custom ad at the end of the post is a great way to round up every item mentioned in one neat place for your readers.
Here’s an example of productivity books one might recommend:
Your reader sees “My Amazon Picks” and they get the sense of a more personal touch.
Want to start earning with Amazon Native Shopping Ads? Here’s how to get started.
How to Add Native Shopping Ads to Your Website
- Log into your Amazon Associates account. If you don’t have an account yet, you can apply here.
- From the Product Linking dropdown, click Native Shopping Ads.
- Click Create Ad Unit.
- Select the ad type you wish to create – Recommendation Ads, Search Ads or Custom Ads.
- Complete the criteria in the Your Ad Preferences column.
- Choose either List or Grid format.
- You have the option in recommendation and search ads to limit the categories from which Amazon selects products.
- When making a custom ad, enter the product in the Search box and click Go. Then select the product you’d like to include. You can also edit the title of the ad unit.
- After completing the required fields, click Save and View Ad Code.
- Your ad code will generate in a new window. Click Highlight Ad Code.
- Copy and paste the ad code into your website either manually or using a WordPress plugin like Ad Inserter. With this plugin, you can set it up to insert an ad at the end of all of your posts or in up to 16 spots on your site.
Whether you choose to insert an ad unit in all of your posts is up to you. Typically, if an ad unit fits the content you’re posting about, it makes sense to place it there. It doesn’t hurt to give your followers some shopping options, and give yourself the opportunity to make more money from your content.
Have you used Amazon Native Shopping Ads on your niche website? Tell us how they’re working for you by leaving a comment!