Do you want to expand your Facebook Page reach? Doing Facebook Live broadcasts regularly is one of the best ways to grow your...
How to Use Facebook Live on Your PageMichelle
Video content has been on the rise in social media. In fact, video is seen by well-established online marketers as the most important strategy in content marketing today.
Facebook makes it easy for marketers to create videos and share information with their fans and customers through Facebook Live. You can always upload videos and share content that way, but Facebook Live offers a more personal and unique interaction with your fans. The live feature creates a sense of urgency, drawing users to check out what you’re chatting about.
You’ve probably seen plenty of celebrities or business Pages popping up in your News Feed showing that they’re “live.” In this post, we’ll explain what exactly it means to “go live” and why you should be using this feature often.
What is Facebook Live?
Facebook Live is a feature that allows you to broadcast to your audience in real time. Viewers can tune in and post questions or comments, making Live a unique feature that offers a close interaction with people. Users can go live either on their timelines, from a Page, or even in a Group.
Facebook Live is an excellent tool for marketers because not only can you connect with your customers and prospects, but you can reach even more people outside of your Page fans. Live video seems to be ranking high in the News Feed because people engage well with the video content. While you’re recording, Facebook helps to build your audience.
With its high rate of organic reach, Facebook Live is a great way to drive people to your business Page. Ready to try it out for yourself? Here’s a quick tutorial on how to use Facebook Live.
How to Go Live
Facebook Live is easy to use, and with the mobile app for Pages, you can go live from anywhere in the world – that is, anywhere with a good wifi connection.
- Access your Facebook Page. From the desktop version, click Start a Live Video.
On the mobile app, click the camera icon that says Live.
- Select your audience. You can choose for only your friends to see it or set it to Public to reach even more people.
- Enter a title for your video. This description is what users will see in their News Feed and notifications.
- Tap the Go Live button. After the 3…2…1 countdown, smile big – you’re on camera!
- Keep broadcasting, and tap Finish to end the recording. You can edit or delete your video just like any other post.
Tips for Using Facebook Live
To get the most out of this marketing strategy, keep in mind the following best practices:
- Promote on your Page AND your timeline that you’ll be going live from your Page. Create a graphic using a tool like Canva to promote what you’ll be talking about.
- Facebook recommends broadcasting for at least 10 minutes. The longer you broadcast, the better chance you have to reach more people. You can broadcast for up to 4 hours.
- Acknowledge your audience in your video. If a friend you know tunes in, call them out by name and say hello.
- Ask your viewers to follow you. When they tap the Follow button, they’ll receive notifications whenever you go live.
- End with a specific call to action. Ask your viewers to send you a private message or check out your website.
- Have enthusiasm! Get your viewers engaged and excited about your topic.
What should your video be about?
Facebook Live is a great way to show off a more personal side to your business. Post some behind-the-scenes footage or a “day in the life” video. People love getting those inside details.
You also have a great opportunity to demonstrate how to use a product or answer questions from your viewers. In that case, you definitely want to promote your Facebook Live and get your viewers thinking of questions ahead of time. This type of content shows your authority and knowledge in your industry.
Use Facebook Live regularly, mixing this feature in with a variety of content types. Consider making a content calendar for your Facebook Live topics, and remember to promote your videos to your audience. You can always re-purpose those videos into blog posts and other types of content as well.
Have you used Facebook Live for your Facebook Page? What types of things do you broadcast about? Let us know by leaving a comment!