If you’re not careful, Facebook can be quite a time suck. You might set out to spend a few hours sourcing content and wind...
Do This Before Worrying About Facebook Page TrafficMichelle
Everyone wants to see more Facebook Page traffic. Of course, our goal at FPTraffic is to help you do just that.
It’s easy to get caught up in the traffic game when you’re first creating your Facebook Page. If you aren’t getting the desired reach you want right away, you might be discouraged. But there’s something you should shoot for before worrying about Page Likes and reach.
You need to focus on generating a loyal following. Here’s why.
Generate a Loyal Following to Increase Traffic
The Facebook News Feed is an arena of fierce competitors vying to get their content seen. Fan Pages, brands, marketers, family and friend updates – they’re all coming in hot every minute of the day. No matter how much Facebook Page traffic and Likes you have, unfortunately not all of those fans will see your posts when you publish them.
And visibility is only going to get tougher with more Pages being created every day. In fact, there are 42 million Pages out there right now!
With those statistics, Likes and reach can be arbitrary metrics when you’re just starting out. Sure they help in the long run for monetization, but more importantly, you need to focus on creating loyal fans. It’s not always the quantity of fans you have, but the quality of them.
Measuring for Loyalty
Instead of worrying about Page Likes, put your efforts into generating a loyal following of people who love your content. Focus on providing value in every post you publish. Learn to understand what your fans like most and continue to deliver that type of content.
Watch your metrics for post Likes, comments, shares, even sales. The more people engage and interact with your Page content, the more invested they become in your brand.
This is important because if a user shows frequent engagement with your Page, your content will show up in their News Feed more often. Encouraging engagement is one of the best ways you can ensure your content continues to get seen by users.
As a result, those loyal fans will share your content with their own friends. Your reach and Page Likes will continue to grow organically as a bi-product of your compelling content.
Best Practices for Generating Fan Loyalty
Here are a few tips to help create a following of loyal Facebook fans:
- Say thank you. Yes, simple manners of real life apply to Facebook too. Thank fans when you achieve milestones, when they give you ideas and feedback, when they share photos, even when they answer your questions or leave comments.
- Be responsive. Take time to respond to fans’ comments, even if they’re negative or customer complaints. Your response to criticism helps shape how your fans see you.
- Foster community. Get your fans to converse with each other and share their own content. Maybe even start a Facebook Group for your Page.
- Analyze your fans. Check your Facebook Insights frequently to see what types of content your fans love, when they’re online, and more about their demographics.
- Ask for their input. Include your fans in your Facebook Page strategy or small business decisions. Take a poll on which t-shirt design they like better. Ask questions to get to know them better and discover how you can post content that aims to solve their pain points.
Start with these tips to get your fans engaging with your content. Post consistently and work on building trust with your fans. In time, fan loyalty leads to more traffic and more sales.
What strategies do you use to increase loyalty among your Facebook fans? Let us know by leaving a comment!