If you’re a heavy emoji user, we’d love to see which one describes the way you feel about this update –...
How to Create a Meme for Your Image Using FPTrafficMichelle
If you’ve ever laughed out loud over that disgruntled baby face declaring something hilarious (and who hasn’t?), then you know the power of a meme.
A meme is an image, video or some combination of a visual with bolded text that is meant to be funny or satirical. Because they’re typically related to pop culture and they make people laugh, memes get shared virally across social media networks.
And you know what that means…
Posting memes can drastically increase the engagement on your Facebook Page. FPTraffic makes it easy for you to make your own witty memes and share them with your audience. Keep reading to learn how to use the FPTraffic Meme Creator and learn some of our best practices for posting memes to your Page.
How to use the FPTraffic Meme Creator to Create a Meme
The FPTraffic content sources allow you to easily find and share memes that are already out there, but creating your own meme gives you a chance to get creative and be original. You can capitalize on a timely or trendy event and show your personality with your audience.
To create your own meme, log into your FPTraffic account. Use one of the content sources to find the picture you’d like to use for your meme, then complete the following steps:
- On the Page you’d like to create a meme for, click the Scheduled Posts icon.
- From your scheduled posts, choose the photo you’d like to create a meme with. In the top-right corner of the scheduled post, click the yellow dropdown button. Then click Create Meme.
- Enter text for your meme in the TOP TEXT and BOTTOM TEXT fields. You can change the colors, font sizes, add a text box and use other features from the Advanced Settings link.
- When your meme is awesome enough to your standards, click Save Meme.
And that’s it! Your new meme will automatically post to your Facebook Page at the time it is scheduled for. Be sure to track the performance of your meme so you’ll know what works best for future posts.
Tips for Creating Your Own Memes
Memes are great for grabbing your audience’s attention, leading to higher engagement and reach. While creating a meme in FPTraffic is easy and effortless to do, there are a few things that may really help you generate engagement with your memes:
- Memes are meant to be funny. Make your meme witty or satirical without being offensive.
- It should be easy to read. Make sure the text stands out against the image.
- Understand your audience. Not everyone understands every meme. Knowing your audience – demographics, interests, etc. – will help you craft content that the majority of your fans will understand.
- Don’t overdo it. We always encourage a good variety of content types in your posts. Rotate memes in with regular images, videos and gifs so as not to turn off your fans.
- Make it relevant. Your meme should tie into your niche. The content needs to relate well to your audience.
With the right use of humor, you can build trust with your audience and personalize your Page. Find the right image for your niche, like a TV show character or celebrity, and use the FPTraffic Meme Creator to add a clever, witty text element. When you post a relatable, shareable and familiar meme, your fans will make it go viral in minutes.
Want to create your own memes and boost your Page’s engagement? Sign up with FPTraffic today!